October 15, 2013
Brussels, 15 October 2013
PRESS RELEASE – European Federalist Party Convention
The third European Federalist Party Convention will take place at the Press Club Brussels Europe on Saturday, November 9, 2013, and Sunday, November 10, 2013. TO REGISTER FOR FREE, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Today, however, European citizens are less and less engaged in the political debate and often do not feel represented by their national politicians. Nonetheless, the European people remain very active through civil society organisations such as NGOs, businesses, arts communities or sports organisation, most of which have gained a European dimension.
By bringing together representatives of key civil society organisations and giving them the opportunity to meet with former and future politicians as well as European citizens coming from all over Europe, the European Federalist Party wishes to contribute to the development of a true European debate ahead of the next European elections.
On Saturday 9th the conference is open to the public. Speakers representing civil society organisations, NGOs and businesses from around Europe will share their experience with a large number of active European citizens coming from all over Europe! The list of speakers includes
- Paulo Casaca, Member of the European Parliament (1999-2009)
- Ignasi Guardans, Member of the European Parliament (2004-2009)
- David Earnshaw, CEO Burson Marsteller
- Georgios Kostakos, Executive Director, Foundation for Global Governance and Sustainability
- Stefano Bartolini, Professor of Economics, University of Siena
- Johanna Nyman, Board Member, European Youth Forum
- Johanna Suo, organizer of the Europe-wide exposition: “United States of Europe”
- Simona Pronckute, European Citizens’ Initiative: Fraternité 2020
- Vincent Mabillard, European Citizens’ Initiative: Let Me Vote
- Nicolas de Potter, project director and expert in inter-generational cooperation
- Charlélie Jourdan, Director of the Euro Bubble series
- Gaultier Bas, co-founder of Old Continent.
- Ivan Botoucharov, Head of Public Relations at One Europe
- Hans Mund, founder Rock the Union, Citizen-E
Moderator for the event: Mauro Galluccio, President of the European Association for Negotiation and Mediation.
Please click here for speakers’ summary bios.
On Sunday 10th the meetings are dedicated to registered members of the EFP who will adopt the programme for the European Parliament Elections.
The two days of activities will be accompanied by an exhibition prepared by Bruno Mariani on the theme of Youth in Europe.
The event is held under the high patronage of the European Parliament.
The two co-presidents of the European Federalist Party can be contacted at:
Pietro de Matteis: email@example.com
Yves Gernigon: firstname.lastname@example.org
The European Federalist Party (EFP) is the pan-European party for a more democratic, united and solidary Europe: a Europe of the people and for the people. The EFP was founded in 2011 in Paris by citizens from all over Europe and has since developed into a cross-border movement with thousands of members, supporters and chapters in 18 EU states. The EFP was instrumental in the introduction of several key laws and reforms in the EU, including improvements to the Lisbon treaty, the European Citizens’ Initiative and the EU roaming regulation.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/EuropeanFederalistPartyAuthor : europeanfederalistparty